This session from the 2012 annual conference of the Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology in San Diego, CA, includes four presentations that collectively demonstrate how Robert Hogan’s Socioanalytic theory of personality can inform the development of managers into better leaders. It features an overview of the theory, empirical research support, application models for helping managers cultivate strategic self-awareness, and a case study of a large-scale project to develop airport managers around the world.
Click titles to view presentations.
THEORY-DRIVEN PERSONALITY-BASED LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Robert B. Kaiser (Chair)
- Robert Hogan, Hogan Assessment Systems,
Leadership and Personality
- Robert B. Kaiser, Kaiser Leadership Solutions, & Joyce Hogan, Hogan Assessment Systems, Personality, Leader Behavior, and Overdoing It: Empirical Links
- Darren Overfield, Kaplan DeVries Inc., From “What” to “Now What?” Personality Assessment in Leadership Development
- Rene I. Kusch, Metaberatung GmbH, Peter Moser, Swissport International Ltd., & Maret Kassner, Metaberatung GmbH, Developing Airport Managers with Personality and Leadership Assessments
- Michael J. Benson, Johnson & Johnson, Discussant