Why is the Leadership Industry Failing?
This session from the 2013 annual conference of the Society for Industrial/ Organizational Psychology in Houston, TX, includes presentations from thought leaders in the leadership field who provide a thorough and intellectually honest appraisal of why there is a global leadership crisis despite the explosive growth of the leadership training and development industry.
Robert B. Kaiser (Chair)
- Robert B. Kaiser, Kaiser Leadership Solutions, The Disconnect between Development and the Evolutionary Laws of Leadership
- Gordon J. Curphy, Curphy Consulting Corporation, Investing in the Wrong Vehicle: The Neglect of Team Leadership
- Barbara Kellerman, Harvard University, Things Change: Leadership, Followership, and the Indolence of an Industry
- Robert Hogan, Hogan Assessment Systems, Not Everyone Can be Coached
- Larry Norton, GeNovo Consulting, Discussant